Salkantay trek 4 days , is one of the most sacred mountains in the region. The hike brings you down through five ecological zones to Machu Picchu and you will have opportunity to pass through mountains, cloud forests, and jungle.
- Duration: 4days/3 nights.
- distance: 55 km – 34 miles.
- level: Moderate to difficult.
- elevations: 3,883 meters or 12,740 ft – 4,620 meters or 15,157 ft.
- Acclimatizations: We recommend that you spend at least 2 days in Cusco and the surrounding area before starting to properly acclimatize.
We start to pick up you on the hotel around 05:00 am, driving take 4 hours to soraypampa, There we will meet with our support staff and have breakfast before to star our trek. the first section is up to the Humantay lake (4200masl) 5 km round trip , then lunch and after it we continue with a gentle ascension for 1.5 hours to salkantaypampa , which is nice place to watch the constellation on the sky.
Early wake up with the first daylight at 05:30 am to packing our things , breakfast and start hiking up 3 hours to the highest point of the trail Salkantay Pass (4620 masl – 15,155 ft).We reach the top of the trek and we will appreciate spectacular views of the mountains and 2 hours downhill to get our lunch point,on the afternoon we will entrance to high amazone jungle to finally arrive to qolpapampa the base camp into the hihg jungle.
Breakfast and hiking straight to la Playa crossing on the high jungle and there are stopping in some family hamlet to enjoy the local fruit ,the trail distance is 16 km the hiking time is 5 hours, La playa is small Town as well the lunch point, following the plan We will driving the collective bus to hidroelectric and then walking 3 hours near the rail way to aguas calientes town , last night hostal and dinner in a restaurant .
Early wake up for visit Machupicchu, optional going up by bus or foot, the first 2 hours guiding tour after that is start your free time, therefore you’ll stay and enjoy the city for more than 7 hours. On the afternoon you will take train back to Ollantaytambo and then bus driving to Cusco.
* We need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
We are the only Travel Agency to Machu Picchu that works exclusively with specialists and experts.
Treks are our passion and customer satisfaction our success! “
- Transportation from your hotel in Cusco to the start of the hike and back to your hotel at the end
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo to and back to Cusco
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (depending on availability)
- Duffle bag that you can fill with up to 5kg of your personal gear that the horses will carry
- camping equipment.
- Experienced tour guide fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua. Our guides are equipped and trained to practice First-Aid, administer oxygen if needed, and conduct radio communication.
- Complete meals and snacks during the trip (the last lunch in Aguas Calientes is not included). Our experienced chefs make amazing meals in the middle of the mountains and are also used to preparing dishes for people with different food restrictions or lifestyles, so please let us know your preferences and we will make sure to meet your dietary needs.
- Professional chef who grew up in the countryside and a horseman with horses/mules to carry all of our gea
- Lunch on the last day.
- Sleeping bag or trekking poles (can be rented from us).
- Tips for guide, chef, and horseman.
- Original passport and student ISIC card (if applicable)
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us)
- A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings (the horses will carry the items that you do not need during the day)
- Bathing suit (if you would like to enjoy the hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Good sneakers or light hiking boots, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals
- Camera and extra batteries
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March)
- Comfortable hiking clothes
- Bug repellent
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Cap for the sun
- Warm clothes for the nighttime including thermals, warm hat, and gloves.
- Travel towel
- Toilet paper
- Water bottle and about 1 liter of water for the first day until lunch, and after that we will supply you with boiled water for the rest of the hike.
WHY BOOK TRIPS WITH US ?
Mamacoca Expeditions is a nature-loving travel agency with extensive experience in hike and long walks that will make your trip unforgettable.
SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE
We do not settle for existing routes, we continue creating new routes to Machupicchu. More info select the tab “Expeditions”
Mamacoca Expeditions, has highly qualified equipment for the mountains, when renting equipment with us, you will be renting quality.
We count, not with workers; if not with “partners”; our guides have extensive experience in the world of tourism. There is no question that they can not answer.
Peru is characterized in having one of the best meals of the world, we take this gastronomy to the mountains.