This trek in the Vilcanota Mountain Range, on a route called “The Rainbow Mountain” which is very near of the highest and sacred mountain in southern Peru, the Ausangate, Not only is the rainbow mountain , now walk inside the mountain range of vinicunca, which comprises the red valley.
- Daily Departures: From 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 pm approx.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinking water
- Distance: 15 km
- Elevation: 5,020 m / 16,466 ft.
- Weather: Dry / cold
- Considered: Moderate
We will pick you up between 04:00 am . – 04:30 hrs. Then drive through the South Valley. around 3 ½ hours to get to Kayrawiri community (4,326 m / 14,189 ft.), here we are going to start with the trekking up of 3 hours approx. long to the rainbow mountain (most of the way is going up). In the way up we are going to be able to enjoy amazing landscapes, alpacas, llamas, Ausangate Mountain, many red mountains and traditional local houses. When we finally reach our trek the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.), you will have time to explore the area and take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes.
After the amazing view of the landscapes on the top we are going to down to the Red Valley Where you can see large and spectacular red mountains and also many llamas and alpacas and you will be amazed by nature, that take 2:30 hours approx. (Japura community) where we are going to have lunch. Then you are going to be drive to Cusco, and drop your hotel.
* We need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
We are the only Travel Agency to Machu Picchu that works exclusively with specialists and experts.
Treks are our passion and customer satisfaction our success! “
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Round trip transportation in our bus.
- Hot drinks.
- Short Snack.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- First Aid kit and Oxygen bottle.
- Walking stick.
- Original passport and student ISIC card (if applicable)
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us)
- A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings (the horses will carry the items that you do not need during the day)
- Bathing suit (if you would like to enjoy the hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Good sneakers or light hiking boots, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals
- Camera and extra batteries
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March)
- Comfortable hiking clothes
- Bug repellent
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Cap for the sun
- Warm clothes for the nighttime including thermals, warm hat, and gloves
- Travel towel
- Toilet paper
- Water bottle and about 1 liter of water for the first day until lunch, and after that we will supply you with boiled water for the rest of the hike
WHY BOOK TRIPS WITH US ?
Mamacoca Expeditions is a nature-loving travel agency with extensive experience in hike and long walks that will make your trip unforgettable.
SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE
We do not settle for existing routes, we continue creating new routes to Machupicchu. More info select the tab “Expeditions”
Mamacoca Expeditions, has highly qualified equipment for the mountains, when renting equipment with us, you will be renting quality.
We count, not with workers; if not with “partners”; our guides have extensive experience in the world of tourism. There is no question that they can not answer.
Peru is characterized in having one of the best meals of the world, we take this gastronomy to the mountains.