This Rainbow Mountain & Red Valley 2 Days is a short trek will gets you into the remote, untouched of Ausangate region, two-day trip. You will camp at high altitude, so close to the clear night skies, you’ll feel that you can reach out and touch the stars. Enjoy trekking through beautiful pampas, with cute alpacas and llamas walking along two lakes until to get this beautifull places (Rainbow Mountain + Red Valley).
- Duration: 2D/1N- camping
- Distance: 27km/ 17.5 miles
- Elevation: 4300m (14,100ft) – 5080m (16,666ft)
- Difficulty: moderate/difficult
We will pick you up at your hotel at 04:00am and drive for about 3 hours to qesoyuno where we have our breakfats prepared by our profesional chef,then we are going to pack our belongings go over the itinerary. We are going to start our high altitude exploration in the morning passing stone houses, lush pampas and hundreds of llamas and alpacas. Our destination to get pucacocha high pass from where we have spectacular view of ausanagate gracier. After enjoying the glacier we come down to our campsite and have delicious lunch. As the sun sets down our staff set up the dining tent with chairs for you to relax and enjoy the views, while dinner is being prepared by our cheff . This night you are going to observe memorable night sky full of southern constellations.
Today is the most important day which you have been waiting for. you will enjoy this amazing Rainbow Mountain and the beautifull scenary of the Red Valley. We are going to wake you up at 04:45am with coca tea, and have a super breakfast for your first climb to ananta pass 5150m (16,8963feet).then go down to the circle lake and walk along two lakes more until to get Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountains) .Once you get it you can take all the picture as you can, enjoy the colorful mountains around you. it truly is a spectacular place. Then you will walk for 30 minutes more to visit the Red Valley, we are going to have time to enjoy this spectacular place. Finally we will walk down for two hours to enjoy our last delicious lunch before getting back to Cusco (3 hours and half). We will get back to cusco around 6pm.
* We need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
We are the only Travel Agency to Machu Picchu that works exclusively with specialists and experts.
Treks are our passion and customer satisfaction our success! “
- Transportation from your hotel in Cusco to the start of the hike and back to your hotel at the end of trek
- Tour guide in English, Spanish and Quechua. Our guides are equipped and trained to practice First-Aid, administer oxygen if needed, and conduct radio communication.
- Professional cheff ,horseman for the mules and Extra horse in case of emergency
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest, Our tents will provide plenty space for personal gear.
- Large Dining tent, table, seating ,and kitchen tent
- Boiled water and snacks.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- 6 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- Sleeping bags (can be rented from us).
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us).
- Tip for guide, cooks, and horseman.
- Light day pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho.
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended. Extra socks are a must.
- Sandals or plastic slip on thongs.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk. Thermal
- clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
- Sleeping bag
- Torch/ Flashlight and spare batteries
- Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Sun block
- Hydrating cream for face and body
- Toilet paper, pack in & pack out
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
- Water sterilizing tablets in case you collect water from streams.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications
- Small towel or sarong
WHY BOOK TRIPS WITH US ?
Mamacoca Expeditions is a nature-loving travel agency with extensive experience in hike and long walks that will make your trip unforgettable.
SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE
We do not settle for existing routes, we continue creating new routes to Machupicchu. More info select the tab “Expeditions”
Mamacoca Expeditions, has highly qualified equipment for the mountains, when renting equipment with us, you will be renting quality.
We count, not with workers; if not with “partners”; our guides have extensive experience in the world of tourism. There is no question that they can not answer.
Peru is characterized in having one of the best meals of the world, we take this gastronomy to the mountains.