Locations Visited: Manu Park Cultural Zone Wildlife
Trip Style : biking, trekking, boat, Jungle Tours.
Length : 4D/3D.
Trip level : medium / easy.
When to go : April to December.
Group : 2pax min, max 10paxs.
We will leave Cusco at 5:30 am along the way we will stop a few times to see the Chullpas of Ninamarca, a Pre-Inca cemetery. From here we will pass Paucartambo, is a small village with a lot of history and tradition, after a short visit to the village we continue to Acjanaco at 3.560 msl, which the entrance to the jungle. Here we will have our lunch and after it we prepare our mountain bikes, The path leads trough a wood of small sized trees and we’ll be able to enjoy the magical landscape accompanied by the Peruvian feather grass. After about three we’ll reach Tres Cruces. The team will prepare everything for the night. In order to rise early and admire the spectacular sunrise.
The fantastic sunrise start at 3:30 am, have your camera handy because you will have the most spectacular view in front of you, after a warm breakfast we will take the transport back to Acjanaco. Here we will prepare our bikes once again to continue our ride through the cloud forest of the Manu National Park, along the way we’ll get to see different types of flora and fauna, the national bird of Peru, the Andean cock. Inside the LEK we will be able to observe these birds. We have our lunch. After our delicious lunch, we will continue downhill through tropical rain forest until we reach the Bambu Lodge.
After breakfast we will walk in the jungle to see parrots, monkey , coca plantation after we will take car and the boat towards our next lodge Soga de Oro, appreciating the flora and fauna like : birds red howler monkey, collared peccary, white lipped peccary, black spider monkey, egrets, heron, cormorant ,medicinal trees, giant tress, etc. After lunch you will have time to swim in the river. In the afternoon and evening we will walk in the jungle and visit a Machuwasi lodge lake and we will use a balsa raft, giving us the chance to see many different types of wildlife, and the beautiful sun set. After that we will have the opportunity to catch Caimans. We will sleep in our Lodge.
After breakfast at the lodge we will head back by boat to Atalaya where our bus will be waiting for us. We will drive back to Cusco and reach around 5 pm, you will be taken to your respective hotel.
* We need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
We are the only Travel Agency to Machu Picchu that works exclusively with specialists and experts.
Treks are our passion and customer satisfaction our success! “
- Private transport from Cusco to the cultural zone of the Manu and back.
- Private motor boat.
- Mountain bike including protective gear.
- Professional guide who carries telescope and binoculars.
- Professional cook.
- Food for 4 days – 4 x breakfast, 4 x lunch, 3 x dinner (vegetarian alternative available without additional charge).
- Water for 4 days. Please bring an empty 1-2 liter bottle to be refilled.
- Entrance ticket to the LEK to see the Andean cock-of-the-rock.
- Entrance ticket to the Manu National Park.
- Entrance ticket to the lagoon of Cocha Machuwasi.
- Entrance ticket to the Ceiba- Forest of giant trees.
- Accommodation at the lodge (3 nights in a double or triple room, each room has a private bath and mosquito netting for every bed).
- Camping equipment (tent and inflatable mattress).
- Rubber boots for the muddy paths in the jungle.
- First Aid Kit with venom extractor pump.
- Additional beverages like soda or beer.
- Binoculars (we offer binoculars 8X42 for rent in our offices for a daily fee of USD $4).
WHY BOOK TRIPS WITH US ?
Mamacoca Expeditions is a nature-loving travel agency with extensive experience in hike and long walks that will make your trip unforgettable.
SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE
We do not settle for existing routes, we continue creating new routes to Machupicchu. More info select the tab “Expeditions”
Mamacoca Expeditions, has highly qualified equipment for the mountains, when renting equipment with us, you will be renting quality.
We count, not with workers; if not with “partners”; our guides have extensive experience in the world of tourism. There is no question that they can not answer.
Peru is characterized in having one of the best meals of the world, we take this gastronomy to the mountains.