day 1: Biking + rafting
day 2: Machupicchu view point + walking
day 3 : Machupicchu tour visit +back to cusco by TRAIN.
We pick you up from your hotel at around 4:00 am and travel by car for approximately 3 hours to willacawacay high pass, place to start biking for about 5 to 6 hours downhill ,the road is paved, easy to handle bike,we will pass by The Convention valley, where we will see variety of tropical fruits. We stop in Huamanmarka, it was a religious place where the Incas worshiped to Willkawakay mountain. We continue biking to Santa Maria and do Rafting activity. Finally we sleep in Cocalmayo Hot Spreiing.
We walk up for about 3 hours to this fantastic inka site “Llaqtapata” to see and enjoy the view of Machupicchu and all the valley one day before to visit it. After we walk down 2 hours, we will take lunch and walk along the train track surrounding Machupicchu and Haynapicchu. Here you will also have the opportunity to see an astronomical sundial used by the Incas, after 3 hours of walking, we will arrive in “Aguas Calientes” Place where we will stay the last night.
After having an early breakfast at your hotel, you will take the 25 minutes bus ride up to Machu Picchu. You will have a 3 hours tour with your guide where you will see and learn about the most important sites including the Temple of the Sun, the main plaza “Intiwatana” and the Temple of the Condor. After your tour, you will have some free time to explore the ruins on your own and take more pictures of this amazing place. When you are ready you can take the bus back down to “Aguas Calientes”, and in the afternoon you will take the train back to Cusco where we will pick you up from the train station and drop you off at your hotel.
* We need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
We are the only Travel Agency to Machu Picchu that works exclusively with specialists and experts.
Treks are our passion and customer satisfaction our success! “
- Transport from Cusco to Willkawakay high pass.
- Food from lunch day 1 to breakfast day 4.
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Bike , gloves and helmet.
- 2 Nights accommodation in hostal
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu.
- Entrance ticket to llactapata inka site .
- Entrance ticket to national park of machupicchu
- Entrance ticket to the hot spring
- Bus ticket to Machupicchu (one way)
- Rafting ( included )
- Train back to Ollantaytambo and transport to Cusco (end of the tour ).
- Original passport and student ISIC card (if applicable).
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Good sneakers or light hiking boots &Sport hiking sandals.
- Bathing suit (if you would like to enjoy the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable clothes.
- Bug repellent.
- Money to buy souvenirs.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Extra money.
- Tip for your guide (optional).
WHY BOOK TRIPS WITH US ?
Mamacoca Expeditions is a nature-loving travel agency with extensive experience in hike and long walks that will make your trip unforgettable.
SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE
We do not settle for existing routes, we continue creating new routes to Machupicchu. More info select the tab “Expeditions”
Mamacoca Expeditions, has highly qualified equipment for the mountains, when renting equipment with us, you will be renting quality.
We count, not with workers; if not with “partners”; our guides have extensive experience in the world of tourism. There is no question that they can not answer.
Peru is characterized in having one of the best meals of the world, we take this gastronomy to the mountains.