Located in the town of Chinchero, has provided the city of Cuzco with water since the time of the Incas through subterranean channels.huchuyqosqo the constructions have Inca foundations, were rebuilt by Viracocha Inka and used as a ceremonial centre to worship the lightning bolt, as well as a place to rest in the Sacred Valley.
This excursion involves approximately 8 hours of walking (including rests, lunch and a tour of the archaeological complex), crossing ecological levels such as quechua, suni and puna, with their characteristic flora and fauna.
We leave the city of Cuzco early in the morning, taking the road north towards the Sacred Valley of the Inkas. On the way to the town of Chinchero, we can appreciate the extensive fields of crops, which have been cultivated since ancient times. We travel along one of the Banks of the Piuray lagoon, to the community of Tauca (3762 masl / 12343 ft), where our walk begins.
We arrive at Huchuyqosqo (3688 masl / 12099 ft), where we enjoy our snack-lunch. After a short descent, we begin our tour of the archaeological complex, after which we will descend to the town of Lamay (2938 masl / 9639 ft). Here we will board our transport back to the city of Cuzco.
- Meals: boxed lunch
- Maximum Altitude: 4437 masl / 14557 ft
- Minimum Altitude: 2938 masl / 9639 ft
- Distance Travelled: 14.60 km / 9.07 ml
- Approximate Walking Time: 07 hr
* We need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
We are the only Travel Agency to Machu Picchu that works exclusively with specialists and experts.
Treks are our passion and customer satisfaction our success! “
- Transportation from your hotel in Cusco to the start of the hike and back to your hotel at the end
- Entrance ticket to huchuyqosqo
- Experienced tour guide fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua. Our guides are equipped and trained to practice First-Aid, administer oxygen if needed, and conduct radio communication.
- Complete meals and snacks during the trip
- Private transportation Cuzco – Tauca
- Private transportation Lamay – Cuzco
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Light cloth for trekking.
- Polar fleece (including gloves and hat).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Water (2 lts. as minimum).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream and insect repellent.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal snacks.
WHY BOOK TRIPS WITH US ?
Mamacoca Expeditions is a nature-loving travel agency with extensive experience in hike and long walks that will make your trip unforgettable.
SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE
We do not settle for existing routes, we continue creating new routes to Machupicchu. More info select the tab “Expeditions”
Mamacoca Expeditions, has highly qualified equipment for the mountains, when renting equipment with us, you will be renting quality.
We count, not with workers; if not with “partners”; our guides have extensive experience in the world of tourism. There is no question that they can not answer.
Peru is characterized in having one of the best meals of the world, we take this gastronomy to the mountains.