Choquequirao 3 days is created especially for people with a limited time in Cusco, but they do not want to stop seeing and know part of the Inca history of Peru. Choquequirao is considerated too one of the best trek by NatGeo
To start the hike of Choquequirao 3 days, we leave from Cusco early in the morning. Approx. at 4:00 we will arrive after 4 ½ hours to capuliyoc (2,900m), place where we meet the rest of our trekking team. On the way down we get our first views of the Apurimac Valley stretching below and of the snow-capped peaks of Padreyoc and Wayna Cachora (5,482m).then we arrive Rosalinda for our lunch , finally 3hours up to Santa Rosa , place where we camp the first night.
- Camping : Maranpata 2250 m.a.s.l
- Climate : warm and sunny
- Distance : 15km
- Trekking time : 8 hour
After breakfast we get up very early to reach the archaeological site of Choquequirao and we get to know it step by step and exploring this stone city, we have our box lunch in choquequirao , finally return to Santa Rosa place where we camp the second night.
- Camping : Chiquiska 2400 m.a.s.l
- Climate : warm and windy
- Distance : 12km
- Trekking time : 7 hour
Early in the morning after breakfast we continue walking down and up for 5 hours, on the way we can appreciate again the majestic Padreyoq snow hat decorate the Apurimac Canyon until Mirador Capuliyoq place for having lunch then retun to Cusco.
- Climate : warm and sunny
- Distance: 11km
- Trekking time : 5 hour
* We need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
We are the only Travel Agency to Machu Picchu that works exclusively with specialists and experts.
Treks are our passion and customer satisfaction our success! “
- Private transportation Cusco – Cachora – Capiluyoc.
- Professional bilingual (Spanish / English) guide.
- Mules for transportation of equipment, and personal luggage (7 kilos per person).
- Wranglers responsable for the horses.
- A cook to prepare all meals.
- Cooking equipment, tent, dining tent, chairs, and tables.
- Four season tent (a 3-person tent for every 2 individuals).
- Meals: breakfasts, lunches and dinners; food suitable for trekking and rich in carbohydrates.
- Boiled water, provided at meal times to refill your waterbottle.
- Entrance ticket for Choquequirao.
- Private transportation Capuliyoc -Cachora-Cusco.
- Sleeping bag or trekking poles (can be rented from us).
- Tips for guide, chef, and horseman.
- Original passport and student ISIC card (if applicable).
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us).
- A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings (the horses will carry the items that you do not need during the day).
- Good sneakers or light hiking boots, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals.
- Camera and extra batteries.
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Comfortable hiking clothes.
- Bug repellent.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Cap for the sun.
- Warm clothes for the nighttime including thermals, warm hat, and gloves.
- Travel towel.
- Toilet paper.
- Water bottle and about 1 liter of water for the first day until lunch, and after that we will supply you with boiled water for the rest of the hike.
Optional Items to Take:
- Extra contribution suggested.
WHY BOOK TRIPS WITH US ?
Mamacoca Expeditions is a nature-loving travel agency with extensive experience in hike and long walks that will make your trip unforgettable.
SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE
We do not settle for existing routes, we continue creating new routes to Machupicchu. More info select the tab “Expeditions”
Mamacoca Expeditions, has highly qualified equipment for the mountains, when renting equipment with us, you will be renting quality.
We count, not with workers; if not with “partners”; our guides have extensive experience in the world of tourism. There is no question that they can not answer.
Peru is characterized in having one of the best meals of the world, we take this gastronomy to the mountains.